With the cost of ski full-day lift tickets reaching $100 at many resorts, frugal families may find skiing too expensive this year. But instead of skipping the slopes all season, try these simple ideas to save big on lift tickets.
- FREE Lift Tickets with Geigerrig Pack Purchase. When you purchase a Geigerrig you receive a free Skullcandy High Adventure Pass that includes lift tickets to ski resorts across North America (no purchase required), two FREE oil changes, BOGO lift tickets and FREE summer mountain biking passes. The Geigerrig is an affordable, innovative hydration pack with a unique pressurized bladder that is worth the money even if it didn’t include this valuable passport.
- FREE lift ticket with trip booking at MountainReservations.com. Receive a FREE lift ticket for one of 30 ski resorts with any ski trip booking. You’ll receive another FREE lift ticket for booking three nights of lodging. Visit Mountain Reservations for more information. You can also call 877-388-7298 to book and mention promo code PASSPORT.
- FREE lift ticket with same day boarding pass in Park City, Utah. If Park City, Utah, is in your winter travel plans, opt for an early flight. Driving to Park City from the airport is so quick that Visit-Park City wants to prove it to you by converting your airline boarding pass into a FREE same-day lift ticket to the Park City resort of your choice: Deer Valley Resort, Canyons Resort or Park City Mountain Resort. This promotion is blacked out from December 23-January 5, 2013, and February 16-March 31, 2013. All resorts close April 14, 2013. Pre-registration required here.
- Deeply discounted tickets on Liftopia.com. Know when and where you plan to ski? Head to Liftopia.com and buy your tickets in advance for up to 90% off regular price. Liftopia sells discounted, date-specific lift tickets, rentals and lessons to more than 150 resorts in North America. You must buy in advance for the date you plan to ski, so purchase early if you are planning to go over a holiday.
- Buy your tickets in advance at local ski shops, Costco or REI. Many local ski shops offer discounted lift tickets when buying at the shop, but search online to find area-specific deals. For Utahans, Canyon Sports and AJ Motion Sports offer great discounts. REI and Costco members can purchase discounted tickets in stores, but you will need to check with a local store to find out which resorts are available.
- BOGO FREE Lift Tickets with Shell Fuel Purchase. Skiers in California, Colorado, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon and Washington can receive a BOGO voucher for participating ski resorts with the purchase of 10 gallons of gasoline or more at Shell stations. The 2013 info is not posted yet, but visit skifreedeals.com for dates and details for this promotion.
How to plan a winter vacation
If you liked this post, you might also like:
- 10 best gifts for travelers
- Free travel advice and coupons from tourist offices
- How to be a savvy shopper with travel insurance
- Fight the high cost of airline snacks
- Free downloads for smarter driving