As an avid cook who feels at home in the kitchen, I’m familiar with lots of kitchen tools and gadgets. This list of affordable kitchen gifts will make life easier for the home chef on your holiday list. I own most of these items myself and use them often enough to know that they’re worth the space in my cupboard or pantry; I’d certainly be eager to replace them if something happened to them. These all ship free from Amazon with purchases of more than $25.
- USA or State-shaped Cutting Board: $19.99
Pick the perfect patriotic or state pride cutting board for everyone on your list. Who couldn’t use a new cutting board that is attractive enough to leave out on the counter, or to use as a serving platter? These come with a hole drilled and can be used as a wall hanging as well. Most states are available, or choose the United States. I think this would be a great option for a “greed” game gift exchange – you could even wrap it up in cellophane with a few packages of nuts or cheeses to really make it pop.
- Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Skillet, 10.25-inch: $15.92
We use our cast iron skillets frequently, and Lodge is a great American brand. These come pre-seasoned, so less food will stick from the start and they will become even more non-stick with regular use. Cast iron pans are nearly indestructible with proper care and can last for decades. A 10 in pan is big enough, unless you have a large family. Note: These pans are heavy, so if your recipient has strength limitations, these may not be a great option. Also, it’s important to know that cast-iron skillets should not be used on glass cooktops.
- Oster Belgian Waffle Maker, Stainless Steel: $17.86 Waffles are the new doughnut – but even better because you can waffle nearly everything, including cookie dough, eggs, leftover mashed potatoes (do a Pinterest search for ideas). My personal favorite? Waffled glazed doughnuts. The waffle pattern creates the perfect nooks for the glaze to pool. This waffle maker is small, but cooks fast enough if you need to make multiple batches.
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet with Lid: $17.99
A thick and sturdy baking pan can take your cookies or bars from awful to awesome. My cookies no longer come out brown on the bottom (unless attributed to user error). This baking sheet rates 5 stars on Amazon, and it comes with a lid.
- Artisan Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat – 2 Pack: $15.27
I’ve been baking on silicone mats for years and I’ll never go back. Nothing sticks and it helps prevent cookies from burning on metal pans. The mats are easy to clean and will last for years. These can be used in place of parchment paper or foil in your pans, so you’ll create less waste, too.
- T-fal Professional Total Nonstick Oven Safe Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator 12.5-Inch Fry Pan/Saute Pan Dishwasher Safe Cookware, Black: $26
This nonstick pan was rated the highest by Cook’s Illustrated and has excellent reviews for its easy care and safety. It’s light and affordable and can help people cook with less fat without food sticking. Nonstick pans need to be replaced every few years because they get scratched easily, so anyone who has been using non-stick pans for a few years could probably use a replacement. Pair this pan with a silicone or plastic spatula to help the cook keep the new pan free from scratches.
- Rubbermaid 42-Piece Easy Find Lid Food Storage Set: $19.75
Perfect for someone who loves neatness and organization in the kitchen, the lids to these storage containers snap on the bases, or to each other. No digging for the matching lid among several brands of cheap plastic containers. These containers are microwaveable, freezer-safe, dishwasher-safe, and BPA-free.
- Kitchen Active® Spiralizer Spiral Slicer Zucchini Spaghetti Pasta Maker Black: $9.95
With more people leaning towards plant-based or Paleo diets, You’re sure to know someone who would appreciate this veggie spiral slicer. These are great for making veggie-based “pasta” dishes, soups, stir-fry, and more.
- Hostess Gift: Harney & Sons Fine Teas Hot Cinnamon Spice, 50 Tea bags: $10.95
This tea is my absolute favorite wintertime tea. It’s like Christmas in a mug, but isn’t too overwhelming.
- Stocking Stuffer: O’Keeffe’s Working Hands Cream, 3.4 oz.: $6.98
This miracle creme will heal rough, dry, or cracked hands and is perfect to keep at the kitchen sink to use after washing dishes. Over 4,000 reviews can’t be wrong!
Note: Amazon prices may fluctuate.