Yes, you can get fit on a budget. Sure, personal trainers do wonders, but there are plenty of ways to improve your fitness without one. Try out these FREE fitness apps on your smartphone to shape up in no time.
1. Office-Fit: If you’re stuck in a cubicle and in front of a computer all day, it’s easy to lose your fitness fast. This app is built with office workers in mind and provides you with a variety of exercises that can be easily completed at your desk. There’s also a handy planner feature that allows you to schedule exercise breaks throughout the day.
Want more tips about how to cope at home? Sign up for our free daily newsletter.
2. Map My Run: When you’re on a budget, it seems crazy to spend precious cash on a GPS watch. Since many people run with their phones to play music anyway, tracking your progress with it just makes sense. This app records your path on a map that shows you distance, speed, elevation, and even lets you save your favorite routes to run again. Also, you can share your progress with friends through connected social media networks.
3. Nike Training Club: After testing numerous free fitness apps, this is my favorite for routines and strength training. You can choose from more than 100 targeted workouts that sculpt specific sections of your body. Just select your fitness level from beginner to advanced, then pick a workout that fits your time frame and the areas you want to work. Each workout includes videos of every exercise to ensure you’re performing the exercises correctly. If you want killer abs, try the Core Crunch routine.
4. FitOn. This one is recommended by Katy at Palm Beach on the Cheap, who uses it as part of her fitness routine. FitOn offers a selection of classes like Yoga, Strength Training and Cardio both on demand — and live classes throughout the day. The company also offers a variety of challenges like the 10-day kickstarter challenge and Sexy Arms and Abs, which will help you work towards your fitness goals.
5. My Fitness Pal: This is the app that goes with the FitBit. This app helps you track both you meals and your exercise. It includes a calorie counter. It also integrates with other apps.
And, a bonus:
Sworkit. You can use this app to create customized workouts on any device, including your computer or Apple TV. The app comes with 50 workouts you can use if you don’t want to create one.