Yes, you can get fit on a budget. Sure, personal trainers do wonders, but there are plenty of ways to improve your fitness without one. Try out these FREE fitness apps on your smartphone to shape up in no time.
1. Office-Fit: If you’re stuck in a cubicle and in front of a computer all day, it’s easy to lose your fitness fast. This app is built with office workers in mind and provides you with a variety of exercises that can be easily completed at your desk. There’s also a handy planner feature that allows you to schedule exercise breaks throughout the day.
2. Map My Run: When you’re on a budget, it seems crazy to spend precious cash on a GPS watch. Since many people run with their phones to play music anyway, tracking your progress with it just makes sense. This app records your path on a map that shows you distance, speed, elevation, and even lets you save your favorite routes to run again. Also, you can share your progress with friends through connected social media networks.
3. Nike Training Club: After testing numerous free fitness apps, this is my favorite for routines and strength training. You can choose from more than 100 targeted workouts that sculpt specific sections of your body. Just select your fitness level from beginner to advanced, then pick a workout that fits your time frame and the areas you want to work. Each workout includes videos of every exercise to ensure you’re performing the exercises correctly. If you want killer abs, try the Core Crunch routine.
4. Moves: This app tracks your activity with no need to hit a record button; it’s always on and tracks your steps like a pedometer. But what makes Moves unique is the storyline it creates of your day. It shows where and when you move, how far you go, and where you stop along the way to give you an accurate step count for your whole day. Yes, it will drain your battery a bit quicker than normal. So keep a charger at your office to rejuice as needed.
5. My Fitness Pal: This is the app that goes with the FitBit. This app helps you track both you meals and your exercise. It includes a calorie counter. It also integrates with other apps.
And, a bonus:
Sworkit. You can use this app to create customized workouts on any device, including your computer or Apple TV. The app comes with 50 workouts you can use if you don’t want to create one.