Individual cruise lines run sales and promotions year round, but during CLIA Cruise Week, formerly known as National Cruise Vacation Week, virtually all 26 members of CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) offer promotions, upgrades and discounts on select voyages. Here are some of the deals:
- Carnival Cruise Lines is giving two category upgrades, 50% reduced deposits plus $50 onboard credit per stateroom.
- On any Transatlantic crossing aboard Cunard’s Queen Mary 2, receive up to a $175 per stateroom onboard credit
- Disney Cruise Line offers a $100 onboard credit on select seven-night Western Caribbean Cruises.
- Norwegian Cruise Line offers 10% off its cruise fare in the form of onboard credits for specialty dining, shore excursions or spa treatments, plus $100 onboard credit per person for specialty sailings and $300 in onboard credits on select itineraries.
- Buy a cruise on Royal Caribbean for one person and get the second 50% off and 5% off the line’s ChoiceAir fare booking.
- If you fancy an expedition-type cruise, Hurtigruten gives 10% off current price levels on Norway Coastal Voyages on new 2014 and 2015 bookings.
- River cruises are on sale, too; Avalon is offering a savings of $1,300 per couple for river cruises in Europe.
For information about CLIA’s member lines, check the sale website.