What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? If you’re like most Americans, you’ll be doing some kind of shopping and spending. However, if you are looking for ways to save money on Valentine’s Day, you won’t be alone. Here are 10 Valentine’s Day 2013 freebies and deals that should help you get some goodies for that special person on your list and keep more of your cash in your wallet. You can save money and shower love on your Valentine at the same time. Follow each link for more details, and, remember, participation may vary, so always call ahead to make sure your location is participating.
- Krispy Kreme. Head over to Krispy Kreme for a dozen doughnuts — for yourself, for your office, whatever — and you’ll get 12 free Valentine cards to give out. But get this — each Valentine is good for a free doughnut. So it’s like getting a dozen doughnuts for free, especially if you keep those Valentine cards for yourself.
- Get “The HeartBaker” from Papa Murphy’s for just $7. The heart-shaped pizza comes with pepperoni and cheese. This is a “take and bake” pizza. Bring it home and bake it in your own oven. This deal is valid through Thursday, February 14.
- Qdoba’s sweet deal is back. On February 14, purchase an entrée, then “share a kiss with a significant other, family member, friend, or understanding stranger” and you’ll get a second entrée free.
- Quiznos is offering a free toasted cookie with the purchase of a regular or large sub (excluding create your own) through February 14. You’ll need this printable coupon.
- Mimi’s Café is offering a three-course dinner for two for $26.99 through February 17. The prix fixe menu includes a soup or salad, a choice from four entrees and a dessert to share.
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse. Splurge on the Valentine’s Celebration Menu February 14 through 17 and receive a $25 gift card to be used between February 18 and March 30.
- Free Chocolate Kisses. No, not the edible kind. For a limited time, download the novella Chocolate Kisses by Judith Arnold from Amazon.com for free. In this book, Claudia is faced with catering a big Valentine’s Day event, despite multiple mishaps and the distraction posed by the shrewish hostess’ sexy bachelor brother.
- Southwest Airlines. If you happen to be flying the “Luv” airline Southwest February 14, you can enjoy a drink on the house. It’s one of a handful of days when Southwest hands out free drinks – and we don’t mean soft drinks. Cheers!
- Buy tickets from Scorebig to basketball or hockey matches, concerts or other events through February 15 and get an extra $15 off orders from $100 to $149 with the promo code CUPID15, and an extra $30 off orders over $150. Scorebig is kind of like Priceline for events. You name your own price and can save up to 60% on tickets. These Valentine’s discounts are on top of those savings.
- Get a free T-shirt from Vistaprint. Choose from 36 customizable designs.
Do you know of other Valentine’s Day freebies or deals? Leave a comment and we’ll add them to our list.
Bryan K. Chavez contributed to this report.
If you liked this post, you may also like:
- 6 free ways to say ‘I love you’ on Valentine’s Day
- Create sweet Valentine’s Day crafts using photos
- Valentine’s Day gifts for $50 or less
- Save money with a vintage diamond engagement ring
- What’s on sale: Best things to buy in February
- Cheap Valentine’s Day gifts that show your love